As stewards of nearly 14 percent of New York City’s land, NYC Parks builds and maintains clean, safe and accessible parks citywide and programs those sites with recreational, cultural and educational activities for people of all ages. Through this work, NYC Parks improves people’s lives, providing outlets for creative expression, opportunities for healthy recreation and exposure to the restorative beauty of the natural world.
The Capital Projects division, which is charged with the design and construction of parks, is looking for Junior Landscape Architects to join our team of over 100 landscape architects who work on nearly $1 billion dollars in active projects.
- Under direct supervision, perform entry-level landscape architectural work in the field and office.
- Assist in the preparation of contract drawings, specifications, estimates of cost and quantities.
- Assist in the design development of existing conditions analysis, landscape plans and proposed additions.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited college or university.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
- Candidate holds a permanent or non-competitive title.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and self-motivation.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketchup, as demonstrated in a portfolio or link on resume.*
- Adept at creating presentations with InDesign and Powerpoint.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A driver license valid in New York State.
Salary: $47,860 – $55,039 plus excellent benefits
Apply by 4/7/17
*All candidates should include a link to their digital portfolio on their cover letter or resume.
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
- Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
- Search for Job ID#: 283882
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.