The Capital Division at the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) manages the entire capital process from start to finish, including scope meetings, design, procurement of contractors and construction completion. We are proud to be the country’s largest employer of landscape architects, with over 100 currently on staff working on in-house and consultant-managed designs. We also have a large pool of architects and engineers, in addition to resident engineers who oversee the daily activities of contractors, budget and procurement staff, and many other talented employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.nyc.gov/parks
- Under direction, design major projects which may include new buildings, historic preservation or renovation of existing structures. Complete all drawings, specifications and estimates necessary for successful bid and construction.
- Participate in all phases of projects from scope development, schematic design and contract documents through construction administration and project closeout.
- Direct and manage work on in-house projects and supervise consultants to produce complete, thoughtful, sustainable and technically excellent designs.
- Coordinate multiple technically complex projects simultaneously. Maintain accurate project data and manage project milestones to ensure timely completion of work.
- Develop requests for proposals to obtain architectural or engineering consultant services as necessary.
- Supervise and mentor junior architectural staff. Review documents for constructability and bid readiness.
- Present projects to other governmental agencies and departments, contractors and community members.
- Conduct site inspections of construction projects as directed to ensure compliance with design documents.
- Actively contribute to the architecture unit’s development of production standards and systems.
- A valid New York State Registration as an Architect. Current New York State Registration as an Architect must be maintained for the duration of employment.
- In addition to above qualification requirements, to be eligible for placement in Assignment Level in III, individuals must have at least one year within the last three years of experience as a major contributor or a project leader on a complex project requiring additional and specific expertise in the disciplines needed to design or construct the project.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign and project management software.
- Knowledge and experience in sustainable design and/or LEED accreditation a plus.
- 5 years or more managing a multidisciplinary team of professionals to produce complex architectural work.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of NYC building code and ADA requirements.
- A driver license valid in New York State.
Salary: $90,000 – $100,000 plus excellent benefits
Posted 10/20/16 Until Filled
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
- Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
- Search for Job ID#: 268011
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.