AWA+D is always looking for assistance to support our mission and goals. Whether it is helping to bring our programs to life, reaching out to prospective members, or reaching out to the AWA+D audience, we have a way for our members to be an integral part of our team. Let us know how you can participate and our Membership Director will be in touch.
Our Action Teams and Committees
- Communications Team – Be the voice of our members and craft our organization’s message. Composes our news bulletins, write or be an editor of our blog or social media sites, manage our publicity outreach and public relations.
- Membership Committee – Invite new members to join or garner renewals from existing members; arrange mixers at architectural and design firms; work with the Programs Committee, our Mentors & Association leadership to ensure our members are receiving valuable benefits; provide hospitality at AWA+D events.
- Programs Committee – Develop and organize AWA+D educational and social events: tours, lectures, conferences, symposiums, vendor workshops, etc. The Programs Committee creates insightful programming with a healthy dose of fun!
- AWA+D Salon – help craft or host one of our regularly scheduled salons. The AWA+D Salon is an assembly of our members who may read and discuss selected writings or simply have lively dialogue on topical issues in the comfort of a social situation.
- Special Projects – help with an exhibit, competition, or any special project adjunct to our Programs Committee.
- Be a Mentor – An AWA+D Mentor provides counsel or career guidance. They may assist a fellow colleague, a student, emerging professional or someone simply re-entering the workforce.
An Opportunity to Volunteer for the Association for Women in Architecture Foundation
- AWAF Scholarship / Grant Committee – AWAF is a charitable foundation that funds scholarships for students in Architecture & Design fields; assist them with developing their scholarship or grant process, coordinate the application process, review the submissions and have a voice in selecting the ultimate recipients and planning the awards ceremony!