May 13, 2017
IMAGINING LA – 2017 AWA+D Symposium, AWAF Awards Ceremony & Luncheon« Back to Events
In celebration of our 95th year, AWA+D’s symposium entitled IMAGINING LA draws inspiration from the rich history of women who have imagined the future for Los Angeles. Never has it seemed more vital to remember the role women have played in building our metropolis and to amplify our ideas for LA’s evolution in the 21st century.
Our panel gathers some of the most innovative, future-minded practitioners working across the disciplines of urban planning, housing, education, transportation, and policy in our city today to reflect on the lessons of LA’s history since our organization’s founding and to share their optimism for the future: a future where architecture, planning and design will play a critical role.
The symposium includes panelist presentations & discussion, plus AWAF awards ceremony, and luncheon.
- Gail Goldberg: Executive Director of ULI Los Angeles (former Director of Los Angeles City Planning Department and Planning Director of the City of San Diego)
- Rochelle Mills: Director of Housing & Business Development for Innovative Housing Opportunities (IHO) as well as President of the Board of Directors of SCANPH
- Andra Hoffman: Los Angeles Community College District Trustee and California Community College Trustees Board member
- Ellen Wright: Director of Terminal Planning at Los Angeles World Airports
- Dora Epstein Jones (Moderator): Executive Director A+D Architecture + Design Museum
To download a 8.5×11 flyer you can print+hang at work or share with friends, click here.
- Early Bird (Before April 17, 2017): $55 members/$80 non-members
- Regular (April 17-May 13, 2017): $75 members/$100 non-members
- Ticket + AWA+D Membership: $150
- Student (Valid Student ID Required): $40
Parking / Transportation
Venue parking lot accommodates 75 cars and is provided on a first come, first served basis. Carpooling, as always, is highly encouraged.
Public Transportation: Metro Red Line’s Hollywood/Highland station is a 10-minute walk from venue.