The Association for Women in Architecture and Design is a Professional Society dedicated to supporting career and educational endeavors for women working in the built environment. The Association for Women in Architecture and Design’s mission is to advance and support women in the allied fields of architecture and design. We encourage and foster high levels of achievement by providing educational programming, mentoring, and illuminating career opportunities for students and professionals in these fields. We cultivate awareness of the value and advancements created by our profession.
The Association for Women in Architecture and Design is a 501(c)(6) not for profit organization.
The Association for Women in Architecture + Design is seeking an Architecture or Interior Architecture student volunteer to fulfill the role of Social Media Chairperson. AWA+D seeks a student willing to commit to part-time work (10 to 15 hours/week) for the Spring and Summer of 2016. Qualified candidates should be design-sensitive, prolific, flexible, aspirational and informed in terms of current web-based strategies, able to work effectively as part of an overall design team, and able to quickly generate social media posts using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator programs, based on input from the Director of Communications. A self-motivated, determined, and organized team player with strong communication, superior graphic skills, and the ability to work independently and quickly are extremely important. This is a volunteer position for an Architecture and Design related professional organization eligible for internship hours of a degree requirement through professional service.
This is an opportunity to develop one’s career and relationships within a professional organization. The ideal candidate must be able to successfully complete the following tasks:
- Assist the Director of Communications in all aspects of their general duties and obligations.
- Ensure that the Director of Communications is updated monthly on progress of Social Media efforts.
- Ensure that the AWA+D identity is used appropriately and consistently across Association communications and related materials.
- Ensure that all communications match the goals and objectives of the Association; uphold and enhance the Association’s unique contemporary brand with a consistent, thoughtful and professional tone.
- Disseminate all branded messaging and visuals in a timely manner through appropriate Communications Team Leaders so that each may manage her respective communications channel.
- Provide Director of Communications with recommendations regarding new communications platforms, technologies and improvements that will further the mission of the Association.
- Post and monitor the AWA+D platforms regularly, creating a theme or plan for each platform.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria for this position, please send in PDF format ONLY: a 250-word statement on your reasons to engage with AWA+D, including your career passions, and your social media handles (Facebook, SnapChat, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.) for review to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify “AWA+D Social Media Intern” in the subject line of your email.